October Is Breast Cancer Awareness Month – We should All Care
Fall is in full swing, and with it comes more time with family, our favorite holidays, and tasty treats. Another reason this time of year means so much to us is because October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Becoming educated about breast cancer and sharing what you know is the single most important way to raise awareness. The numbers are staggering!
- 1 in 8 women in the US will be diagnosed with breast cancer at some point in her lifetime
- Over 200,000 women each year are diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 women die from the disease
- An estimated 2,600 men in America will be diagnosed this year
In honor of families affected, we would like to share how you and your business can become involved in the awareness effort.
- A wonderful way to raise awareness in your community is by having company apparel such as uniforms, polo shirts, aprons, hats and more customized with your corporate information and the pink ribbon, recognized around the world as the symbol for breast cancer fighters support. Your employees, customers, and business colleagues will swell with pride during the month of October, knowing they are helping a very worthy cause.
- It doesn’t have to be October for you to share your support for breast cancer patients and their families. Promotional items that rotate throughout the year are a great way to mix it up for your trade show and convention visitors. They’ll always have a reason to stop by your booth and check out what’s new! There are many, many options for items that are available in pink – magnets, insulating can coozies, pen top screen cleaners, nail files, tote bags, and mugs are just a few. You can even order slim containers of mints (they’re called “credit card”) in the shape of the pink ribbon – now that definitely makes a positive first impression that won’t fade anytime soon.
- One of the easiest ways you can help in the awareness effort is by offering a special discount or deal during the month of October. This can require no cash investment, and where many companies are concerned, no lead time. For example, if your business sells online, a simple coupon code programmed into your website and an email to your customers informing them of the discount is all that needs to be done. A brick and mortar business wanting to offer the same type of discount could have special flyers and business card sized coupons printed and distributed around town. Remember – we offer printing and fulfillment services with fast turnaround times, in many cases just 2 days.
Whether a man or a woman, the signs of breast cancer can often be caught early on by performing breast self-exams once a month. In addition to helping the breast cancer community with your love and support, we invite you to join us in raising awareness by forwarding this email!
Oh, Oscar asked me to remind you of his October special: 5% of all proceeds from orders in October and Novembers will be donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. Give us a call today and we’ll help you choose the perfect new and different item, or we can reorder favorites that customers always rave about!
Call us today or click on the paw to the right to place your order, and we will make a donation to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.